Wednesday 25 May 2011

Creamy Tomato Pasta



Our fridge is in desperate need of some groceries so dinner last night had to get creative.   We got lucky though, it was delicious!  two things I had going for me: 
1. I had ground pork in the freezer
2. I have my own herb garden so fresh herbs are always around

This is what I used


    • 1 (16 ounce) package shell pasta
    • 2 medium red onions, chopped
    • 1 large tomato, chopped
    • 1 pound ground pork
    • 1 Jar of store bought Tomato Sauce
    • 1 cup sour cream (maybe a bit more.....I used whatever was left in the container)
    • 2 Green onions chopped
    • 2 cloves garlic minced
    • 1 tsp cumin
    • fresh basil to taste

    This is what I did

    Brown Ground pork.
      
    Add onion and garlic and let cook until soft, about 5 minutes.  

    Stir in Jar of tomato sauce, cumin, fresh basil and sour cream.  

    Combine with cooked noodles and transfer to a serving plate.  

    Sprinkle chopped tomatoes and green onion on top and garnish with whole basil leaves


    I also had a bunch of baby bok choy in the crisper so I sauteed that with a bit of garlic and butter to up our veggie intake.



No comments:

Post a Comment