Friday 24 June 2011

Ice cream cake




I made an ice cream cake for the first time last week and it was so easy I can't belive I hadn't tried it before
It was a mint chocolate cake and as you can see from the photo I did it in a spring form pan.
Ingrediants:
1 1/2 cups Chocolate cookie crumbs
6 tbsp melted butter
Mint chocolate chip ice cream
5-6 Oreo Cookies (topping)
Junior mints (topping)

mix the chocolate crumbs with the melted butter and press evenly into the bottom of you spring form pan
next layer on the slightly softened ice cream making sure not to leave any air pockets.
top with crushed cookies and whole junior mints and place in freezer to firm up (about 2 hours)
Enjoy!

This is a beginner recipe, I think over the summer I'll keep experimenting and trying different techniques,  try to achieve a less rustic more pretty physicality and hopefully I'll even graduate to making my own Ice cream to achieve a more delicate and complex flavour, but until then, regular store bought ice cream will do just fine thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment