Wednesday, 21 September 2011
Lemon Poppy Seed loaf
What you need:
3/4 Cup Granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil **** I subbed in 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2tsp grated lemon rind
3tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/3 cup 2% milk
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1tbsp poppy seeds
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1/3 cup yogurt or light sour cream
1/4 cup icing sugar
2tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray
2. combine the granulated sugar, oil, egg, lemon rind and 3tbsp of lemon juice; mix well. Add the milk, mixing thoroughly.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and poppy seeds. Add to the wet mixture alternately with the yoghurt, mixing just until incorporated.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. let cool for 10 minutes
5. For the glaze, combine the icing sugar and 2 tbsp of lemon juice. prick holes in the top of the loaf with a fork or a wooden skewer and pour the glaze over the loaf
cooking time is reduced to 15-20 minutes
Let me know what you think of this one......We really enjoyed it!