Wednesday 20 April 2011

Healthy and Delicious!

My little Heman is still on his chicken kick, which I guess is good for me seeing as I'm trying to eat healthier.  This is a recipe that I took from my weight watchers cookbook.  It tastes delicious and it is pretty simple to make.  It's Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese-stuffed Chicken Breasts.  the picture above is the picture from the actual cookbook.....I once again forgot to take a picture of mine before eating it up, but with the exception of the sprig of thyme the dish I made looked just like that!

I took 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts and stuffed them with:


2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 lb fresh shiitake mushrooms stems discarded caps finely chopped
1 tsp herbs de provence (The standard mixture typically contains Savory, fennel, basil and thyme......with thyme being the dominant herb)
1/2 tsp of freshly ground pepper
2 oz of goat cheese 
1 shallot chopped


once the breasts are stuffed I cooked them in a pan on the stove top for about 7 minutes per side with a little bit of olive oil......it's that easy
hope you enjoyed!  if you do end up trying this recipe let me know how you like it and if you changed anything.....I love tweaking recipes to give them a little twist!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious and I love that its a WW recipe, so good! :)

    ReplyDelete