Tuesday 5 July 2011

Meatloaf cupcakes

I've been reading a lot of cupcake blogs lately and so I've had cupcakes on the brain.  When it came time to make dinner yesterday I thought.....why not!  I just followed my normal meatloaf recipe and baked it in cupcake tins instead of a loaf pan (reducing cooking time of course) the best part was the frosting.....there were so many choices I thought about doing a Dijon mustard cream cheese frosting but opted instead for garden vegetable frosting.  then I served it up next to a spicy green salad with blueberries strawberries and goat cheese.  It was a fun twist on a simple dinner.


Meat loaf:

1lb of Ground pork (beef, chicken,turkey,or veal can also be used)
1 large red onion diced
3 cloves of garlic diced
1bell pepper diced
handful of Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
large handful of bread crumbs (to achieve desired consistency)
1 chili pepper diced
season to your own taste

*my meatloaf recipe changes depending on the veggies available in my fridge at the time..... you can use pretty much anything so long as  you dice it up, mushrooms, carrots, celery......all work great

Once everything is mixed up really well and you have the right consistency (not too dry or to squishy) you can either bake in a loaf pan for 30-40 minutes depending on thickness or you can scoop out into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment