Thursday 21 July 2011

Potato Salad

After my last potato salad post where I was trying to re-create the deliciousness that I had experienced in Munich. A friend sent me one of her own potato salad recipes and I decided to give it a whirl. Do you know what I love about this recipe........it's so whole......all of the ingredients are real, meaning no mayo or anything!  

Don't get me wrong I do use mayonnaise and all kinds of other condiments and sauces but I like it when I can avoid it.  I feel you are truly making something from scratch when all of your ingredients are whole real foods and it makes the final product that much more special.  And yes  I am aware that you can make things like mayo yourself from scratch (I've done this successfully once or twice before) and then insert it into your recipe, it's just not always so logistically realistic.  As much as I love to cook I don't want to be a slave to my kitchen!

But I digress,  the recipe was a success and worth a share.


4 potatoes boiled and sliced (sadly I did not follow the sliced instruction and instead chopped my potatoes but feel that the flavour is too delicate and was lost on my chunks of potatoes....I will definitely slice them next time) 
4 hard boiled eggs chopped
1 onion finely chopped and sauteed in butter
in a small bowl mix together:
2 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp flour
1 tsp dry mustard
Mix and add:
4 tbs. cream (I used full fat whipping cream)
3 tbs. vinegar
Mix and add warm sliced potatoes, eggs, and Sauteed onion and mix again.


No comments:

Post a Comment